Tuesday, April 24, 2012

twenty.5.

my friend let me read this book: bittersweet.

a chapter in the book, titled "twenty-five" (how appropriate) really rocked my world! it was so encouraging to hear and also challenging. 
encouragement: figure out what you love + do it.
challenge: start counseling, get involved in a church you love, try different communities.

she asked some questions at the end that got me thinking...
am i proud of the life i'm living?
what have i tried this month?
what have i learned about God this year?
do the people i'm spending time with give me life, or make me feel small?
is there any brokenness in my life that's keeping me from moving forward?

i'm not going to share the deepest parts of my heart with you, but i do want to encourage you... whatever season of life you are in, at whatever age, grab your drink of choice and a journal and reflect on these. it's been already eye opening sorting through these questions and letting God speak to me. 

all this to say: it's been a wonderful 25 years. many lessons learned, many miles traveled, two lives moved, many changes and moments of growth. so thankful for every single season. 26: i'm ready for you. bring it on!

No comments: