Monday, August 9, 2010

i said YES!

so john travis harper and i planned on having a theme for the month of august. we name it "adventurous august" and decided everyday to do something adventurous. the first week went by great with new adventures everyday! so last thursday, august 5th, we are having our weekly date night (t-squared: travley (travis and joeley together) thursday) at ra sushi. just minding our own business, i have these two surprise guests show up- my sister smash and jordan sacca! i started freaking out! i was in shock and then started crying! what a surprise it was to have them in downtown scottsdale! travis and those lovely ladies planned it all! so friday we had a grand day and one of my best friends from college crissa met up with us too! it was seriously one of my favorite days with my girlfriends! i was sooo happy! we got manicures and got spoiled with great meals all day, shopping and some other adventures! little did i know that was not the only surprise trav had up his sleeve.


earlier in the week- we had planned on crossing something off our "summer bucket list"- the grand canyon! so we planned on going there saturday and having a picnic! trav came by that morning to pack our picnic and we said our goodbyes to the girls and headed for another adventure! trav told me to wear a cute sundress, cause he loves me in them and that we were going to have dinner at the grand canyon later that night. so as we hit the open road- having a blast singing and rapping the whole way up- it poured rain. no joke- for about 3 hours. i was pretty bummed thinking we wouldn't be able to see the grand canyon (and that i was wearing a dress!)


but as we pulled up to pay to get into the canyon, it literally stopped raining. God was watching out for us :) so we unpacked the car and headed up to have our picnic. as we were walking, travis spotted the photographer in our friend kelsen's car. he freaked out thinking it would ruin everything and pulled me in tight for a "grand canyon hug"! then he wanted to show me a "deer" in the opposite direction since we were "scouting" on the way up! i was so confused at his funny behavior cause i had to pee soooo bad! so kelsen's car literally drove two feet by us on the sideway and i never saw!


we then found a spot overlooking the canyon, but due to the rain, couldn't see into the canyon because of the clouds! we pulled out our picnic and i started pigging out on fruit and my sandwich. trav took a bite of his and i was felt like a fattie! haha but he was sooo nervous so he couldn't eat anything. the clouds literally cleared up and it was beautiful. we could see to the other side of the grand canyon! so then i see him mess with something in his backpack and i was like- what are you getting out of there?! he said- i brought a book. i thought it was kinda weird but what better setting right?! then he pulled out a piece of lamenated paper that was titled "our adventure together" and he started reading it to me.


it went from the very first time it all began (when he texted me on my birthday last year) with significant dates leading up to when he said, and on august 7, 2010 travis got on one knee and.... and as he did this, he got on his knee, and said, joeley will you marry me?! i said yes. Yes! YESSSSS! started crying! hugged him, and then said- PUT THAT THING ON MY FINGER! hahaha!


and he had hired a photographer who captured everything on camera! in fact, in the middle of it, i said there is a girl taking pictures of us! haha kari is the best and out of this, came this amazing photo!


so then, we got back into the car, prayed together and read scriptures. then he said- my grandparents knew that i was going to do this and wanted to buy us dinner on the way home in prescott. so we drove to have dinner at the "nicest restaurant" in prescott. we talked about everything on the way there. i called my family and some girlfriends and told them the news! they all were freaking out with me! little did i know, more surprises were in store for me!


so we pulled up to his grandparents house and as we rounded the corner, to walk up the side of thier patio, there was a huge banner that said "CONGRATULATIONS JOELEY AND TRAVIS" and saw literally everyone! my whole family came in from vegas! his whole family was there! and a ton of our friends flew or drove in from everywhere! i was sooooo shocked! another surprise! so all along, everyone in the world (almost) knew about this but me! and no one had slipped or anything! it had all been in the plan for months!


so to top off the best day of our lives, we had an engagement party that night and then a brunch the next morning! it has literally been the best weekend of our lives! thanks to all have supported and loved us through it! we love you all!




12 comments:

Love Abounds At Home said...

That's such a beautiful story!!!!! Thank you for sharing it with us :)

Megan Bleazard said...

I am so happy for you! I knew too ha ha my mom told me. Your dad told her at work!! I miss you

The Facers said...

The sweetest story! I am so excited for you friend!!! I love the pictures, they turned out beautiful! Now...lets see that ring!!

Jacque and Chad said...

Oh my lil Joeley is growing up! LOL welcome to the Married Crew, it is so much fun! Love ya!

Ashlee and Rico said...

amazing! That picture is so awesome and the story even better! Congrats girly! you so deserve it!

Linda said...

Yeah yeah yeah!!! He is so thoughtful! What a happy story. Those pictures are so dreamy!

Jessica said...

I like that story, it made me so happy for you:)

Brooke & Dallyn said...

Wow JoJo! You are one special girl! I am so glad that he thought of every detail, especially the photographer- those pics are priceless! Congrats you two! I am super excited!

Rachel said...

awww I love your story and picture so much. It's so adorable. And I love how you prayed together in the car.

Unknown said...

WHAT?!! it took me like a month to find out!! i'm so SOO excited for you both! he is adorable. keep your blog updated with wedding details!! i'd also like to request many more cute pictures...and one of your bling!

Melissa & Chris Wood said...

Joeley! I am so excited for you!!!! Congrats

dorthea b. said...

Joel, girl. This is the sweetest engagement story. I love how much thought he put into it. Being married is amazing, and there's nothing better than playing the giving game with your best friend forever.